Based on post-forum survey results, participants unanimously agreed that Dalton-Whitfield should not wait out the current economic downturn. Instead, the majority of survey respondents concurred that Dalton-Whitfield should focus on growing existing businesses and strengths. Moreover, almost all survey respondents strongly agreed that Dalton-Whitfield should create new strengths related to up and coming industries.
Survey respondents believed that the following three actions are most important in terms of preparing for the future of the community:
- Revamping workforce training programs to prepare workers for jobs in up and coming industries such as green business and health care;
- Reducing regulations that hamper new business development; and
- Helping existing local businesses increase their markets by providing export development programs, e-commerce training, and other support services.
- Building partnerships with other organizations and neighboring communities; and
- Providing entrepreneurial training and support to encourage new business formations.
If you would like more information on the SGPB forum that was held in Dalton-Whitfield, please contact me at email@example.com. As always, feel free to comment on this issue below.